Filed under Campus Life, Events

Meditate and Donate: Erin Dagenais Yoga Fundraiser Raises Money for Memorial Scholarship

The University of Michigan-Flint Theta Iota Chapter - Phi Sigma Sigma

On January 5, 2016, UM-Flint’s Theta Iota chapter of Phi Sigma Sigma Fraternity lost a popular sorority sister, mentor, volunteer, and friend to all, Erin Dagenais.

In her memory, the sorority has recently created a scholarship to honor her love for the sorority and community, and the Erin Dagenais Yoga Fundraiser is one of the ways the sorority is trying to raise money for the scholarship.

“I personally love this event. It is a fun way to raise money and the goal is to raise as much as possible, so please give to the scholarship,” said Fleming.

The event is going to be held at Serenity Yoga Studio, owned by an alumna sister of the sorority, in Grand Blanc on Saturday, Jan. 20 from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Admission is $15 for one hour of yoga, and light refreshments will be provided. All proceeds will go to scholarship.

Never tried yoga? No need to worry about your experience, because the class will mostly be basic yoga and meditation for everyone of all skill levels. If unable to go, donations will also be accepted by the sorority.

“Everyone will be able to do it, even if you have never done yoga before,” said Rachel Fleming, a member of the sorority. 

The scholarship will be given out annualing starting in the summer of 2018, awarding one student $900 to help students pay for college-related expenses. All sisters of Phi Sigma Sigma Fraternity around the world are eligible to apply.

For more information or if interested in donating, contact Fleming at [email protected]