Dialogue and Discussion with the Chancellor Offers an Outlet for Student Concerns

University of Michigan-Flint

University of Michigan-Flint

There are things some students don’t like at UM-Flint, and other things they love and hope to see more of–so why not talk to the chancellor about them in hopes of new changes at the university?

At 1 p.m. on Monday, Jan. 22, Chancellor Susan Borrego will be in the Intercultural Center, located on the first floor of the University Center, to hear about everyone’s experience at UM-Flint.┬áChancellor Borrego has done events like these in the past, and this semester she wants to continue to check-up on students to see if she can make their college experience better.

Associate Vice Chancellor and Dean of Students, Julie Snyder, Ph.D., believes these meetings are valuable to students, also due to their consistency.

“The format of these events are less formal than an annual Student Open Forum, with the goal of giving students more consistent contact with the chancellor,” said Snyder.

During every student’s journey to earning their degree, there is always something that they wish was different in some shape, way, or form. This event provides an opportunity for students to interact with the chancellor, giving them a time and space to discuss what they love, what they think could be better, and what they would like to see more of on campus.

Students are encouraged to share their thoughts and ideas on the topics impacting their life as UM-Flint students. Refreshments will be provided.

Dr. Snyder also wants to let students know how excited the chancellor is for Monday’s discussion.

“The chancellor looks forward to all her interactions with students and hopes to see many of them on Monday,” said Snyder.