Shuttle Service Transports Students to Genesee Valley Mall, Meijer

WEYI

Will Stuart, Writer

The University of Michigan-Flint’s Safe Ride program enables students to request rides via an app to places around campus and the surrounding area. As a part of this initiative, started by Student Government and the Department of Public Safety, students now have access to a shuttle service on the weekends, as well.

This new resource aims to provide transportation to those who need it most–students on campus without vehicles. The shuttle takes riders to and from the Genesee Valley Mall and the Swartz Creek Meijer, enabling students to do their weekly shopping or just get away from campus for a little while.

The route operates each Saturday, with departure from the Riverfront building as follows:

12:00 p.m.

1:00 p.m.

Return from the mall/Meijer:

2:00 p.m.

4:00 p.m.

The shuttle will drop students off at either location of their choosing before returning to campus to take the next group. Riders can choose to return at either time, but the last pick-up is at 4 p.m.

The shuttle is on a first-come, first-serve basis and the schedule is flexible depending on when it’s most convenient for students–if a majority find that an earlier departure would serve them better, the shuttle will adapt.

To take advantage of this service, head to the Riverfront Residence Hall and have your MCard ready to check in.