CrimFit Campus Training Program Available at the Rec Center

UM-Flint Rec Center

UM-Flint Rec Center

UM-Flint Rec Center

Bella Biafore, Writer

The UM-Flint Recreation Center is now offering a CrimFit Campus Training Program for all students, staff and community members interested in training for any Crim of 5k races. Participants will be joining other runners or walkers that train at alike paces.

While registration for the program will be held until April 3, the actual training will start on May 16 and continue every Thursday until August 22, two days before the Crim.

The registration fee is $130 for community members, $120 for faculty and staff and only $50 for students when signing up during the blitz period.

It is only during the registration blitz that registrants will have the additional choice of either one 60-minute personal training session or one fitness assessment. Included in the registration is the training days, entry into the Crim race of your choice, two other races, a t-shirt and more.

The next available registration blitz days are:

March 28, from noon until 2 p.m. on the third floor of UCEN.

April 3, 11:30 a.m. until 1:30 p.m. on the first floor of the UPAV.

During the training sessions, participants will have access to the Rec Center as well as a group leader who will be taking them to train around the surrounding campus area and downtown Flint.

If becoming a group leader or group leader apprentice for the training program, your registration is free. For more information on how to become one or on the program in general, contact Assistant Director for Health & Fitness Jessica Viertlboeck.