Holi Festival Ending March with a Splash of Color

UM-Flint ISA

UM-Flint ISA

UM-Flint ISA

Bella Biafore, Writer

After the posting of this story, the ISA postponed the Holi Festival Celebration. It will now be held on Saturday, Apr. 6,  from 1 p.m. to 4 p.m. at Wilson Park. 

In collaboration with the International Student Organization, the Indian Student Association (ISA) will be hosting Holi Festival of Colors at Wilson Park on Saturday, Mar. 30 from 12:30 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.

Holi is a Hindu festival celebrated every March throughout all Indian states as well as Nepal and Bangladesh. The idea of the festival is for people of all kinds to come together and celebrate life.

“It is a festival of love,” said Anushika Srivastava, president of ISA. “We appreciate people to set aside their sorrows and negativity in their life and to enjoy life in that moment and appreciate the good stuff in your life.”

At the festival, people throw packets of colors at each other, indulge in traditional Indian dishes and dance to live music.

This event will be featuring all of those things, as well as a mix of Indian and American music so everyone feels comfortable showing off their moves.

“We welcome all the students, community members and staff members [to] attend this event so that we can promote our cultural values. It’s also fun for all age groups,” said Srivastava. “Then again, who doesn’t like Indian food?”

Admission to the festival is free as long as you have your MCard or a state ID.