Anime Club Revived at UM-Flint

OneClass.com

Donald Lierman, Writer

Feel the need to explore brave new worlds? Do the petty trifles of the ordinary spark an urge to immerse yourself in the imaginative? Then consider expanding your consciousness with the visually vibrant.

The Anime Club has returned to UM-Flint. If you are interested, the club meets in room 307 in the French Hall from 5:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. each Wednesday.

“The Anime Club is a place where students can discuss, watch and spread awareness on campus of anime, manga and Japanese culture,” said Club President Alaithia Morell. “It is a great place to meet people with similar interests.”

Anime is associated with its country of origin: Japan. For those unfamiliar, it is animation sculpted to fantastical themes spiced with bold strokes of the rainbow and characters that are greater than the hum-drum.

Morell defines this modern art form as “a Japanese animated TV show (cartoon) which can easily be accessed through popular streaming services such as Netflix and Hulu.

“I love to watch anime because it is entertaining and provides exposure to Japanese culture.”

As mentioned the club will also feature manga, which has a similar artistic style, but can be described as a hybrid of comics and graphic novels. Like anime, manga is enjoyed by all ages and features a wide variety of topics.

“Because this is a stressful time of the semester, we will be going through comedy anime together,” said Morell in her press release. “You do not have to RSVP to come. All are welcome, whether you have watched anime since childhood or have never heard of it before.”

For further information, contact Morell at [email protected] or Vice President Nellie Heller at [email protected] One may also find the club on the UM-Flint Mgagement portal.