UM-Flint Campus Activities Board to Host Kid-Friendly Haunted House

Campus Activities Board

Campus Activities Board

Campus Activities Board

Bella Biafore, Writer

The university’s Campus Activities Board is ramping up to host a haunted house for community members and their children to have some fun in a safe environment on Halloween night.

Partnered with UM-Flint’s National Pan-Hellenic Council for their eighth annual Trunk-or-Treat activity, the event will feature an inflatable haunted house as well as candy from the various NPHC stations in the UCEN. 

“We try to give back to our community at least once a year in some way. This is one of our bigger ways to partner with and collab with another group,” said Event Coordinator Harley Brown. “Trunk-or-Treats were started in this community because of Carriage Town and how it wasn’t safe … our haunted house is a safe place to go and have fun.” 

Targeted toward children, the haunted house will be kid-friendly, doubling as a playpen for those attending. 

“Since it’s a community event with the university name behind it, and because it’s on Halloween, it brings a lot of our community here and that’s what we aim to serve,” said Brown. 

Located in the Happenings Room and Michigan Rooms, the haunted house will be open from 5-8 p.m. while the Trunk-or-Treat will take place from 6-7:30 p.m. Both events are free of charge. If you have any questions or concerns regarding the location or event details, contact Harley Brown.