Get a Free Flu Shot at UM-Flint’s School of Nursing Flu Vaccination Clinic

singlecare.com

singlecare.com

singlecare.com

Bella Biafore, Writer

Partnering with the United Way of Genesee County for the second year in a row, University of Michigan-Flint’s School of Nursing is hosting a flu vaccination clinic. 

In collaboration with the Genesee County Health Department, the clinic will take place in the atrium of the William S. White Building on Tuesday, Nov. 5 from 2-4 p.m.. Students, staff and faculty are encouraged to come in and receive a flu shot free of charge. 

Those attending are required to bring their state ID as well as a health insurance card. However, for those without insurance, no worries–everyone still be able to receive a flu shot. 

“Most insurances will cover flu shots, so if you have insurance bring that card and the Genesee County Health Department will administer it that way,” said Clinical Assistant Professor Deborah Filos. “We don’t want anyone who doesn’t have insurance not to receive a shot so there is some funding from the United Way to cover those people.”

With high rates of the flu virus in the 2017-2018 flu season causing an increase in hospitalization, Filos believes it’s important to stay protected by getting a flu shot. Last year, for people over the age of 18 in the United States, 37.1 percent got their flu shot. 

“It’s usually a very positive response and a good turn out for these events,” said Filos.

If you have any questions or concerns regarding location or insurance, contact Filos.