Take a Break From Your Notes and De-stress with Creativity

Photo by Bella Biafore

Photo by Bella Biafore

Photo by Bella Biafore

Bella Biafore, Writer

With finals coming up, who doesn’t want to take some time to relax for a bit and forget about all of the studying that needs to be done? 

UM-Flint’s Block Club has come to the rescue with their second DeStressing with Expression event, aiming to lighten the load of this stressful end of the semester. 

DeStressing with Expression is a chance for students to use their creativity in activities like drawing, painting and coloring to help reduce stress. 

For those looking to attend, the event will take place in the Intercultural Center from 6-7:30 p.m. on Wednesday, Nov 20. 

“I came up with the event to help students release some stress and relax in an artistic way to make it fun, not just to chill and do nothing,” said Block Club Social Coordinator and UM-Flint Junior Tonjanay Evans. “I wanted it to be fun so [students] can enjoy what they’re doing before finals come up.” 

With soothing music to work along to and all materials provided, this event is welcome to anyone looking to hang out, meet new people and get their minds off upcoming testing. 

“For me I think using creativity to relieve stress is the best way because my major is theatre so I just love the arts and I just love being very creative and artistic. So, I just thought of a way [that] students can relieve some stress in a fun, artistic way and this is what I came up with,” said Evans. 

For more information, contact Tihirah Ruffin.