Recap of Student Government General Assembly on Wednesday, Oct. 6

Santiago Ochoa

The William S. White Building at night.

Josie Anderson, Managing Editor

Wednesday’s Student Government meeting began with Levi Todd, Student Government president, commending campus and local police for a swift response regarding the lockdown on Monday, Oct. 4. 

“Student Government would like to acknowledge the efforts of the Chief of DPS, Raymond Hall, and the brave officers and law enforcement and the entire campus community for responding to this threat with efficiency,” Todd said. “The responsive action undertaken by our Department of Public Safety shows that the security of our campus and to our students is above all else.”

Todd reminded students of the resources available through Counseling and Psychological Services and the Office of the Dean of Students to assist in processing events such as Monday’s report of gunshots on campus.

Amena Shukairy, vice president, announced former Senator Kelly Parrott’s appointment to Vice-Chair of the Student Government Senate. 

Director of Financial Affairs, Shbeib Dabaja, also announced the appointment of four senators to the Student Organization Funding Board, filling all eight seats. 

In collaboration with Student Government and Intercultural Center, the International Student Organization will be hosting an Exploring Flint event this Friday, Oct. 8, from 1 to 2 p.m. in the Tuscola Rooms of the William S. White Building. 

Homecoming will begin with the formal Masquerade Ball on Oct. 28, followed by the Inaugural Parade on Oct. 29 and the Watch Party on Oct. 30. To participate, RSVP, or for more information, visit the wolverine website here

Student Government meets virtually every Wednesday at 7 p.m., all members of the campus community are invited to attend.